Role of the Service Technician
The client is a growing business; personal development is encouraged, and employees are supported when internal opportunities arise.
- Provision of quality after sales service for supplied setting tools in the UK and Ireland market.
- Represent the company adequately in front of customers
- Provide support to customers and UK colleagues appropriate to expertise and experience.
Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 08:30- 17:00. Friday 08:30 – 14:00
Salary: £25K – £29K
Requirements for the Service Technician
The successful applicant will be:
- Familiar with the disassembly, rebuild, maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical devices, preferably with a fluid power background (pneumatic/hydraulic).
- An Electro-mechanical background would also be an advantage.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers on the above subjects
- Be able to interpret mechanical drawings
- IT Literate
Qualifications will be considered but the focus is on skills and experience
Responsibilities of the Service Technician
- Repair and perform preventative maintenance tasks on tools and equipment supplied to market by the group. Primarily pneumatic and battery blind rivet nut setting tools.
- Using inhouse business systems, administer the repair from “checking in” of the tool, inventory of spare parts consumed, and time spent on repair.
- Where required, liaise with customers and colleagues to gain useful information for efficient repair and provide feedback on the status of repairs.
- Support colleagues with demonstration, commissioning of setting systems and projects as required and appropriate for level of skills and experience.
- Give feedback on important operating parameters such as: stock levels, repair backlogs, necessary tools and equipment.
- Maintain a professional and efficient work-space.
- To travel on occasion to our sister companies in continental Europe for activities such as training.
Training for the Service Technician
Training will be provided to compliment the necessary general skills of the successful applicant:
- Training will focus on disassembly, rebuild, maintenance and troubleshooting of setting tools and other subjects necessary for the position.
- Use of specific software such as our commercial software, word/excel and tool diagnostic software.
*The post is subject to all relevant right to work check, qualification checks and 2 satisfactory references.