Community Care Worker
- Day and night shifts
- Domiciliary care
- £9.50 per hour
- Stourbridge area
Role of the Community Care Worker (Overview of the Position)
To enable and/or assist a diverse customer group to remain in the community, to be supported and maintained safely in their own homes and thereby enhance the quality of life. To encourage customers individuality and independence, helping customers to maintain relationships with neighbours, the neighbourhood and familiar activities and surroundings, providing social contact, especially for customers who live alone. To assist other care workers and professionals to provide care for the customer, to act as the face of “care in the community” and acting as Trident’s representative. To contribute by working with the organisation on fund raising initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Community Care Worker (Tasks Associated with the Role)
· To monitor customers health and wellbeing, record and report any changes to relevant internal and external bodies
· Understand and act upon any safeguarding concerns
· To support customers with life skills (including financial budgeting, diet, nutrition and exercise) and empower them to make a positive contribution to society
· Provide high quality and dignified personal care for customers, including the administration and recording of medication as directed by medical professionals in line with the care plan.
· Identifying and scoping advocacy services for customers and signpost them to relevant sources of information, support, guidance and advice
· Effectively working in partnership with external agencies for the benefit of customers
· Work in partnership with customers to design and deliver their individual package of care.
· Providing a flexible, responsive service which operates in a timely and person-centred manner
· Completing and following care plans and risk assessments.
· Adhere to the organisations Health and Safety Policy i.e. incident reports.
· Completing and maintaining accurate records in line with the requirements of the service regulator and fulfil corporate standards (including customer notes)
· Ensuring all service delivery is non-judgemental and recognises the organisations Equality Strategy
· Work with customers to enhance their self-image and to assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the home.
· Provide support in relation to welfare systems.
· To ensure the health, wellbeing and safety of vulnerable adults, young people and children in line with Safeguarding regulations. Play an active role in working flexibly to cover the standby rota
· Attending all training courses and delivering on the outcomes
Any other duties as required by the role
Requirements for the Community Care Worker Role (Expected Proficiency)
· Working towards a minimum of Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care, or another relevant qualification specific to the role
· Experience of reporting safeguarding
· An understanding of Domiciliary Care.
Skills & Experience
· A working knowledge of legislation in regards to Social Care e.g. Care Act 2014.
· A full understanding of CQC framework.
· Experience of working within a busy Care environment
· Experience of keeping accurate and compliant records
· IT skills
Safeguarding Statement for the Successful Community Care Worker
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance, two satisfactory references. Right to work checks in the UK, qualification and any other relevant checks required.
This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.