Graduate Pre-School Practitioner
Are you an early years graduate looking for a challenging, yet exciting role within early years?
Your role as the graduate pre-school practitioner will have enhanced responsibilities to a nursery nurse, allowing you to pursue the skills and experiences you have as a degree led- practitioner in an early years setting.
About the Graduate Pre-School Practitioner role
- Monday to Friday 8.30 – 3, term time only (30 hours a week)
- Salary: £9.25 per hour
- The job is based in a pre-school setting in Birmingham, opportunities in Smethwick may arise soon for the same position and job responsibilities.
- Plan and provide stimulating and quality activities relevant to the EYFS and children’s interests
- Observe, complete observations, learning journeys and reports on your key children
- Identify gaps in children’s learning and be pro active in finding a solution
- Developing positive parent partnerships will be vital within your role
Enhanced responsibilities for the Graduate pre school practitioner
- Leading on the overall tracking of children’s development for the setting and monitoring the progression of their starting points by completing a Group Cohort tracker
- Understanding and participating in the key person system. Ensuring your key children’s learning journeys are up to date and maintained at the required level. Alongside additional assessing, recording, reporting of development.
- Prepare children fro school and complete relevant transition and liaisons with different schools
- Liaise with other outside agencies where needed and family support team
- Work as part of a team
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn ensuring there is diversity and inclusion for all.
- Embedding the organisations mission statement and pedagogy
- To keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
- To follow all routines, duties, timetables, rotas, record keeping activities and any other reasonable duty as requested by Management.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To take responsibility for continued professional development by attending courses (in-house and external) and reading relevant material.
- Leading on Quality practices within the pre-school.
Requirements for the Graduate Pre-School Practitioner role
- Full and relevant degree qualification in childcare / early years
- good safeguarding and EYFS knowledge
Safeguarding Statement for the Pre-School Practitioner role
All positions are subject to enhanced DBS checks, two satisfactory references, including most recent employer, right to work, ID and other relevant checks.