Recreation Assistant / Lifeguard
Are you a qualified lifeguard looking for casual work?
Are you a newly qualified lifeguard looking to gain more experience in a leisure centre environment?
Are you adaptable, flexible, and willing to meet the needs and requirements of our clients in the Dudley, Halesowen and Stourbridge areas as a lifeguard?
About the Recreation Assistant / Lifeguard Position:
- Must hold an in date NPLQ qualification
- Casual work. Work can be offered in advanced of the day or on the day. (7am calls).
- You must be flexible in receiving shifts between the hours of 7am – 10pm between Monday – Sunday, based around the weekly availability you give.
- Salary: Starting at £10.78 per hour including holiday pay.
- Provide both poolside and dry side supervision as appropriate and assist in maintaining the security of the leisure facility.
- Set out and return to stores any equipment that may be require.
- Undertake regular cleaning duties and maintenance schedules in accordance with a programme of work and instructions.
- Promote good customer service.
- Maintain a high standard of work as set out by the Leisure Centres Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan, relevant health and safety policies, Royal Life Saving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification guidelines and all Dudley Council policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Administer First Aid as necessary and as appropriate to your qualification.
- Complete Accident/Incident forms as necessary.
- Maintain the security of the building by patrolling all public areas and by enforcing all the regulations with regard to the safe and correct use of the facility.
- Carry out programmed building checks and report any faults as necessary.
- Adhere to Dudley Council’s policy on corporate identity and represent the council accordingly by wearing correct uniform at all time.
- Uphold the Section’s Vision, Values and Policies.
- Attend relevant staff training sessions.
- Carry out any other duties within the salary grade and responsibility of the post
- To represent the Council and Directorate in a professional manner meeting the Corporate and Directorate aims.
- To comply with Directorate and Corporate policies.
- To comply with the council’s financial regulation and standing orders.
- To actively promote Dudley’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults at a level appropriate to this group.
- To be responsible for adhering to legislative requirements and Council Policies and Procedures including, but not exclusively health & safety, Data Protection and Internet/Email use.
Safeguarding Statement for the Recreation Assistant /lifeguard position
All positions recruited by us are subject to DBS clearance, two satisfactory references, Right to work, ID and qualification checks.